A microgrid is a discrete energy system consisting of distributed energy sources (including demand management, storage, and generation) and loads capable of operating in parallel with, or independently from, the main power grid. The primary purpose is to ensure local, reliable, and affordable energy security for urban and rural communities.
Microgrids also integrate with renewable energy sources such as solar, wind power, small hydro, geothermal, waste-to-energy, and combined heat and power (CHP) systems.
What are the Microgrid benefits?
- Provides power quality, reliability, and security for end users and operators of the grid
- Enhances the integration of distributed and renewable energy sources
- Cost competitive and efficient
- Enables smart grid technology integration
- Locally controlled power quality
- Minimize carbon footprint and greenhouse gas emissions by maximizing clean local energy generation
- Increased customer (end-use) participation
Zekatex bi-directional DC/DC Converters for Microgrids
We are specialists in conversion, storage and management of electric power. Our converters, inverters and battery monitoring system are the perfect building blocks for a safe and fully reliable Microgrid system.
As bidirectional converters, the YellowBee DC/DC series can be set up for charging/discharging of either a battery bank or a supercap string. Moreover, unique features in the device itself give the whole power plant advantages both during commissioning and during normal operation.
And more ...
We are a customer oriented company. We listen to our customers. We do not sell hardware, we help building systems close to be perfect. Do you need your own solution. Just drop us a note!